During the months of September and October, the best time to visit the North Maldives atolls, we propose a special cruise called MANTA EXPEDITION.
This route allows us to combine a large part of the classic route, the best known in the Maldives, with the Baa Atoll, North of the central atolls. In this route we explore the North Male and South Male atolls, visiting the first manta cleaning stations and some thilas to see sharks, such as Kandooma and Guraidhoo. Crossing to the Ari Atoll where we will look for the whale shark and dive with mantas at night, and diving in Rasdhoo, where the pelagics await us. Completing the cruise sailing to the North already in Baa, in the Dharavandhoo area, next to Hanifaru Bay (UNESCO Biosphere Reserve) where we will try to enjoy the manta rays snorkeling in the bay.
- 3 weeks - September 4th and 18th, October 2nd, 2021
- EMBARKATION Male
- DISEMBARKATION Male
- BOAT Cruise Maldives Blue Force One
The best option to visit Hanifaru:
Day 1: MALE – CLASSICAL ROUTE & BAA ROUTE Arrival in Male, customs process. A MALDIVES BLUE FORCE Fleet staff representative welcome at the airport. Transfer by dhoni to MALDIVES BLUE FORCE ONE. Welcome cocktail. Accommodation. Team and cruise General Presentation.
Days 2-6: CLASSICAL ROUTE & BAA ROUTE The planned route goes over the North Male, South Male, Ari, Rasdhoo & Baa atolls. During the cruise, a 20-dive program for certified divers is developed (day and night dives & snorkeling in Hanifaru Bay) together with visits to pristine beaches and inhabited islands, snorkeling for non-divers, Kayak, paddle SUP.
Day 7: MALE Disembark at the airport at 7.00 am. Optional day hotel booking (room not included. Includes shower, pool, and lunch). Depending on the scheduled flight booking, free time to visit Male, the Capital of Maldives.
- Transfers airport – boat – airport.
- Liveaboard in double cabin sharing on MALDIVES BLUE FORCE ONE on a full board basis.
- Water, Tea, and coffee.
- 18 dives with S80 tanks, weights, diving guides, and Dhoni.
- Travel, diving, and cancellation insurance. (See covers in www.blueforcefleet.com).
- Flights to Male.
- Payments onboard: Maldives taxes 155$, Green tax 42$, Service tax 130$. OPTIONAL:
- Internet access
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.
- “Day hotel ” in Male (direct payment).
- Rental equipment and S100 tanks (it is possible to rent on board if you book previously).
- Nitrox USD 50 per person per week
- Hannifaru bay taxes USD 25 per person
- Possible increases in fuel or currency exchanges.