Juanjo Sáez is a renowned and highly respected professional in photosub and director in KANAU (www.kanau.com), a shop specialising in underwater images since 1986. Juanjo trains workshops in collaboration with OLYMPUS, using the program designed for the OM-D cameras. You will also be able to try some of the best models with their underwater housings whilst onboard.
During this cruise a practical workshop will be developed where techniques will be explored for underwater environments, as well as topside environments with models and advertising photography.
Juanjo will give daily lectures and will be available to share his knowledge and comment on images by the participants, in order to improve their results.
A fantastic opportunity of spending a week long safari with a highly accomplished photographer, who will offer comprehensive theory and practice workshops.
As well as sharing ones experiences with a group of fellow photographers will allow your photosub results to improve considerably.
- 7 nights - August 15, 2020
- EMBARKATION Port Ghaleb
- DISEMBARKATION Port Ghaleb
- BOAT Cruise Red Sea Blue Force 3
DIVING CRUISE “DAEDALUS, ZABARGAD, ROCKY, ST JOHNS” ROUTE
Day 1 (Saturday) Hurghada / Port Ghaleb: Arrival and assistance at the airport of Hurghada. Luggage pick-up. At the indicated time, transfer to the port of Port Ghaleb by car. Board in the RED SEA BLUE FORCE 3, welcome cocktail and presentation of the boat and crew. Distribution of cabins. Overnight on board.
Day 2º to 7º (Sunday to Friday) DIVING CRUISE “DAEDALUS, ZABARGAD, ROCKY, ST JOHNS” ROUTE: diving cruise on a full board basis (including water. 3 meals) and daily plan of dives. The most prominent diving points will be Daedalus, Zabargad, Rocky Island, Habili Ali, Umm Hararin, Gota Soghiera, Abu Bassala, Umm Arouck. (Due to the outer island’s regulation night dives are forbidden).
Friday afternoon/evening, arrival at port. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 8 (Saturday) PORT GHALEB: Disembark in Port Ghaleb. Transfer to the hotel in Hurghada by car. Day of rest to remove residual nitrogen. Free time to enjoy the local environment, shopping and/or optional tours in the area. Dinner and overnight at the hotel
Day 9 (Sunday) Hurghada: at the scheduled time, transfer to the airport.
The dive sites at Rocky Island have walls fully covered with hard and soft corals and a large concentration of anthias and napoleon wrasses. The southern area of the island offers the chance to spot grey reef sharks and white tip reef sharks while on the north wall, we can occasionally find hammerhead sharks.
One of the smallest reefs of St. Johns. It is formed by impressive vertical walls completely covered with soft corals and black coral trees. At this dive site, we will find big groups of snappers and jackfish, grey reef sharks, white tip sharks, and silvertip sharks. During the summer, it is common to find Manta birostris.
Ali is the largest of the habilis in the area. A habili is a submerged reef that reaches 3 or 4 meters below the surface, so it is not an adult reef (habili means not born). In its vertical walls, there are a large number of black corals and soft corals. In the western part, there is a forest of large gorgonians. The dives here tend to be deep (30 – 35 m) and swept with currents. Common sightings of sharks in this site include whitetips, grey reef sharks, hammerheads and sometimes silky sharks.
This is a very shallow reef, full of spectacular corridors and caves with an open topside, it is even more impressive than the caves of Claudio. Few animals, except for several large napoleons are to be seen here. We will also enjoy the impressive garden of porites in the north wall.
- Assistance at Hurghada Airport.
- Diving Cruise (Double Cabin sharing) in full board, water, coffee and tea and planned route to board the RED SEA BLUE FORCE 3.
- Diving Program, air, S80 tank and weights.
- Dive guide of BLUE FORCE team.
- Travel insurance, scuba diving and cancellation policy (see conditions www.blueforcefleet.com)
- 1 night at 5* hotel in Hurghada in half board basis.
- Transfers indicated in the program in accordance with scheduled planning.
- Flight to Egypt
- Touristic visa in Egypt.
- Route and port taxes: 190€ (payment onboard).
- Service Tax: 70€ (payment onboard).
- Internet connection (It is possible to buy a data card at the airport)
- Drinks and lunch at the hotel in Hurghada and soft drinks and alcoholic drinks onboard.
- Optional price per week:
- For S80 tanks: 40€
- For S100 tanks: 60€
- Rental equipment:
- Tank S100: 30€
- Extra tank S80: 30 €
- 2 tanks S80 with opposed valves for Sidemount: 60€ (necessary to book in advance in order to ensure the availability)
- * Extraordinary possible increases of fuel, taxes or local taxes.